Social Business Strategy is about Sustainability
Pam Moore, the CEO & Founder of MarketingNutz is spot-on with her highly visual SlideShare on Social Business Strategy. Implementing Social Technologies is never about the technology! Pam advocates an approach called POST: People, Objectives, Strategy, Technology. I agree with the order. In my experience too many people think they’ve become a Social Business because they’ve installed a tool such as Yammer or IBM Connections; #Fail. Highly effective organizations take a change management approach and reengineer their business to incorporate social tools and be transformed by social technologies.
Social Business Strategy
Pam outlines the following steps:
- Determine business objectives
- Know your audience
- Map your vision / journey
- Establish executive support
- Create a Roadmap of strategy & tactics
- Create Governance & guideline
- Secure resources and funding
- Then, invest in technology to support your objectives, vision, and journey.
As someone who has implemented hundreds of IT projects and business reengineering projects I can tell you that the above makes perfect sense to me! Read through Pam’s SlideShare below and contact me if you’re serious about developing a Social Business within your company.